Wednesday 27 December 2017

Weekly Blog for Bumbleberry Getting more from your stamps, Reverse technique.


Thank you for popping over, I do hope you had a fantastic Christmas, Ours was a very stress free relaxed affair.
Just our daughters and my gorgeous, Grandson (Leland) at the main event \Christmas day. Followed by a buffet on Boxing Day were our Sons and their Girlfriends, joined us.
I cant believe how my 4 children are all adults my youngest being 16 next month. It only seems like yesterday we was leaving out milk and cookies for Santa. 
Oh well enough reminiscing, and get on with the reason of this blog.
Reverse stamping what is it?


Its when you take an image and reverse the way it faces.
So here the image on the left is the original image from Bearly Happy Holidays. https://www.bumbleberrys.co.uk/products/beary-happy-holidays?variant=47479870794
Then its been reversed to look like their dancing together, I then added her clothes and laces to their boots using a fine liner.

How do you do it?
The answer is there is two ways.
One is using a light box, and the other is using a large clear stamp.
I have used both and I say that there is not one I prefer. Maybe the clear stamp, is quicker and less chance of getting it wrong.


Clear stamp by MFT called Mirror Image,


Place it in your stamping tool and stamp image on to it, then close the lid. 


Then The image is reversed.


With the second technique you stamp your image on a piece of copy paper, turn it over and place it on a light box.

Then place your card stock over the image and trace the image. I do it in pencil then use a memento pen after, so I can use my alcohol markers.

I hope you will give this ago as you can double the images you have.
 Stretching your stash! 
God Bless and Happy New Year!
Jo
xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers