Tuesday 3 October 2017

Another Look At Lawn Fawn's Christmas Dreams Stamps, are they just for Christmas.............

Morning Crafty Friends,
I am always looking for ways to get more out of my stash, and this weeks blog has that exact content. Taking another look at Lawn Fawns Christmas Dreams, is it just for Christmas.  https://www.bumbleberrys.co.uk/collections/new-releases/products/christmas-dreams
I decided to change the Christmas look of the firer, and to come up with a Halloween Theme Card, getting another take with the same stamp.




I felt the Flames in the firer looked like a ghost.

So I stamped the image of the firer place, on Bristol Smooth card stock. Then using masking fluid to cover it up, then using Distress oxides. I began to make a water colour background. Wetting the card stock first then using a paint brush added in drops of ink.


 Once it was all dry I rubbed away the masking fluid, Then I drew in some cracks, spell books, and spiders webs. Using my Alcohol Markers I then added Colour, also I used the clock and the candle stick from the same set. A bat stamp, a Sentiment stamp from another set I have in my stash.




Using matching card stock I mat and layered the image on to a card blank, then finally added glossy accents and Nuvo drops to finish the look.


After this I looked at the stamp set again and thought the oval rug would make a fantastic stitched petal, so off I went again making a template with a ruler and pencil working out where each petal would go.


I stamp each oval rug opposite to each other. Then Scan and cut out the image.
Did some petal curling with an embossing tool, after it had been coloured using my alcohol markers.


A simple sentiment and we have a totally different card for any occasion. So just because they say a season or occasion, look how you can adapt your stamps, and come up with some thing totally different.
I do hope you enjoyed this blog, please comment as I love to read or your comments.
Also I am only to happy to cover a technique if you would like to see step by steps on a certain look.
Next week I am covering a totally new technique to me, But with out giving to much away, I'm totally hook on this masking technique.

God Bless
Jo
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers