Tuesday 17 July 2018

Weekly Blog for Bumbleberrys.......Using Gina K Designs Stamps And Some Amazing News.

Hi There Crafty Friends,
I am bursting to tell you my amazing news.
Bumbleberrys were approach a few months ago, buy Die-Cutting Essentials. To do a feature for their magazine.
I was asked if I would like to design a set of 5 cards.
I was over the moon, after all these years I would finally reach my dream, of being in print.
I have had to keep this a secret for sooooo long. The Magazine is out this week. Issue Number 40. I can now shout it from the roof tops, or the hills near my house. Roof tops is a bit scary!
I have been super excited and have had a ridiculous grin on my face for days.





Well now i've got that out my system, I will carry on with today's blog post....


This weeks card involves two techniques, one on making a background with Distress Oxides. The other with a Bleaching technique.

Step one

To make the background, use a craft mat and stamp out your oxide ink pads on to it. Choose colours that will work together. Here I used Candied Apple,Carved Pumpkin, and Fossilized Amber.
Spritz them with water and using water colour paper pick up the ink, dry with a heat tool between layers.
Tim Holtz has some amazing demos on you tube for this technique.
I then added white splatters with copic opaque white.(any acrylic white paint would work.) 

Step two


I then stamped the Rose in Versafine ink and embossed in clear embossing powder.

Step Three


I used household bleach and an old brush to bleach the colour off the rose, to make it pop.
Step Four


I stamped and embossed the sentiment from the set. Then
I mat and layered, it on to black card stock, why the bleach was drying.
Then on to a card blank, added some Nuvo drops.
After a second go with the bleach the image became much whittier.

Here's  the end result.

I hope you enjoyed this weeks blog, i'll be back next week with the latest release from MFT.


God Bless
Jo
xxx











    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers