Monday 26 June 2017

Wednesday Blog for Bumbleberrys, using MFT Bearly Big Adventure Stamps

Well Hello Crafty Friends,
I trust you are well, and not over doing it in this beautiful weather. This week I decided to use  the
Bearly Big Adventure, i've fallin in love with this bear.Who doesn't love a bear.  https://www.bumbleberrys.co.uk/collections/my-favorite-things/products/beary-big-adventure I thought I would get use of my Oxides Pads and use them as a watercolour.So I all ready had a palette stamp out on laminated white card which can be reactivated easyly with water.












Here's my step by step,

 








Firstly I used a post it to mask of my background stamp by MFT, Tiny stars. and inked it up using Broken China Oxide inkpad by Tim Holtz.After laying my card on top, I finished by gently, blending more oxide ink being careful not to move the masked off area.I then used the water droplet technique and finally the flicks of paint technique to build a interesting background.





I then Stamped my bear and began painting it with my oxides pads, and added my own grass by doing flicks with the brush.


Lastly I added a Sentiment and some Nuvo drops to finish. 
I love how these ink pads give the look of a chalky finish with out being chalky. It amazes me now different they are to normal distress inks.
Hope you enjoyed this weeks blog, and will be putting your Distress oxides to another use as amazing water colours, we love to see your art on the Bumbleberrys facebook page. So don't be shy. If you look closely as the picture above you can also see i used my Twinkling H2O's which I brought, early on in my crafty journey. Any pearlised water colours can be used.
God Bless and Take care
Jo
 xxx

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers