Wednesday 12 February 2020

Foiling with Toner Sheets and Die Cuts

Hi There Crafty Friend,
I hope your all keeping safe in this dreadful windy weather.
I am a novice when it come to foiling, but love the look. So when Katrina, put up her latest products from Deco Foil, I just had to give it a go. I've used the transfer gel, with my stencils. But Toner sheets were going to be a whole new ball game.

I'm am now hooked, so easy and so beautiful!!!!!


Products
Deco Foil Pink Melon
https://www.bumbleberrys.co.uk/products/pink-melon-deco-foil-6x12?_pos=1&_sid=c4206e4d2&_ss=r
MFT Staggered Heart Boarder Die Namic
Laminator
Tape Runner
5 x 5 Card Blank

Method
Firstly take your toner sheets, and die cut your Lots of love die, and any other pieces you want to add to your card design.
I had an older die from MFT, called Staggered Heart Border Die so I also die cut this. As I want to match the hearts to the one in the sentiment die
.
Once die cut, I cut a piece of Pink Melon foil just big enough to cover my toner die cuts.
I then used a peace of parchment paper to use as a carrier sheet, to feed through my laminator. You can just cut a piece of toner sheet and die cut after you've foiled it. Let your laminator heat up for a good 10 mins before feeding the sandwich through.
Place the foil pretty side facing you, on top of the black of the toner sheet.
Once its passed through the laminator give it a few mins to cool. Then carefully pull back the foil to reveal the foiled die cuts. I then arranged them on a 5 x 5 card blank. Ran a tape runner over the top of the card blank and using the scrap of foil left, I push down on to the sticky line. rubbing it to ensure good coverage. I then gentle removed to give a distressed look to the top of my card.
I then placed my card in my Misti and stamped my sentiment from the Smitten With You stamp set.
My card was then complete. perfect to tell some one how much you love them.

Next week I have another foiling technique for you, I just cant stop playing with this medium.

Happy Stamping
Jo
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers