Wednesday 2 March 2022

Using Up Scrapes, and Sentiments to Create Colourful Backgrounds on your Cards.

Well Hello and Welcome

This week I've been trying to use up my scraps. I love nothing more that cutting my coloured cardstock in to strips my Ranger guillotine. I make sure they are all exactly the same size as that gives similarity to my project. But this doesn't have to be the case.

Products

Sentiment Stripes 3 Stamp Set (Altenew)

Star Dies (Concord & 9th) (Any)

Different Cardstocks in Rainbow Colours (Lawn Fawn) (Any)

Glitter Card Stock (Memory Box)

White Detailed Embossing Powder

Embossing Ink Pad

6 x 6" Card Blank

Method


Cut all your cardstock in 1/4 of an inch width stripes.



Using a misti or similar line up your pattern, glue stripe by strip.


Stamp and emboss your sentiments by lining them up on the stripes of cardstock. First use a antistatic tool or bag as powder tends to disappear in the cracks of the cardstock. I also used a fine paint brush to remove it before heating. 


One heat embossed in a fine white powder as this shows up on the darker colours of cardstock. Use a cloth to gently wipes of extra static powder.
This gives a clean and simple look to your design.


Finally I added another sentiment (Hey, Girl) and three die cut stairs from gold glitter card. This was then finished.

Thank you for popping over
Happy Paper Crafting 
Jo
xxx

































 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers